Rosé for the Summer
July 31, 2017
When we think summer and warm weather, we think – Rosé. This summertime staple is a must at all events and soirees. From long weekend brunches with good friends, to outdoor dinner parties and rooftop BBQs, relaxation mode just feels more luxurious with a glass of Rosé in hand. On that note, we at Wandering Wines are so excited to introduce our Rosés, LostFind and Keen.
We are starting off by bringing Rosé fans two options: LostFind for those who like something a tad sweeter, and Keen for those who enjoy the classic dry style. Summer 2016 saw Rosé rise all over the social scene, as well as social media, in the frenzy that is Frozé- frozen Rosé dispensed from a machine, margarita- style. That was fun and all, but this summer it’s all about more elegant and sophisticated Rosé cocktails, and our Rosés fit right in! The combinations of fruit, citrus, and spice profiles in our Rosés will make them the star of any cocktail. The trends for 2017 mixology include special care in using all fresh ingredients in cocktails, and nixing artificial flavors and added sugars. Adhering to these standards, we’ve selected some of our favorite easy to DIY Rosé cocktails that are guaranteed to elevate your hosting game. We invite you to squeeze your own fresh juices and source fresh ingredients for these cocktails, or buy pre-made juices, no judgement here!
Try one of these Rosé recipes as a signature cocktail at your next event, and use the hashtag #WanderwithUs for a chance to be featured on our Instagram. Check out our websites Lostfindwines.com and Keenwines.com for more information on these special Rosés. Cheers!
- 1 Cup of LostFind Rosé1/2
- Cup pink or ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 oz gin per cocktail
- Combine the Rosé and the grapefruit juice, add gin, pour over ice, and garnish with a lemon wedge
- (recipe based on source Honestcooking.com)
Rosé Lavender Lemonade:
- 2 Tablespoons dried lavender
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 8 oz Keen Rosé per cocktail
- 4-6 oz lavender lemonade per cocktail
- Agave nectar to taste preference
- Homemade Lavender Lemonade: Juice 7 or 8 fresh lemons (1 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice) combined with 2 cups of water combine the dried lavender and the lemon zest in a bowl with Agave nectar, using your hands, work the lavender and zest for a few minutes allowing the warmth from your fingers to release the oils into the nectar. Add the agave, lavender. and zest mixture into a pot with 2 cups of water and heat for 3 minutes or until the agave is completely dissolved. Let it steep for 5 minutes and then strain out the lavender and zest. Add the fresh lemon juice to this strained liquid to complete the lemonade.
*Note: to make this using a premade lemonade, simply muddle your dried lavender and lemon zest with 1/4 cup of water, heat up the ingredients and let steep to create the lavender essence for your lemonade. Let the lavender and zest steep in the water and then strain and add the mixture to store-bought lemonade. (recipe based on source Playswellwithbutter.com)
Rosé Strawberry Sangria:
- 1 bottle Keen or LostFind rosé wine (750 ml.)
- 2 cups sliced frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 mint sprigs 2 cups sparkling water
- In a large pitcher or beverage dispenser, combine the rosé wine, strawberries, liqueur, lemon juice, and mint. Refrigerate at least two hours. Stir in sparkling water just before serving.
- (recipe source yummymummykitchen.com)